Friday 8 July 2016

Richard Williams - Rep for National Third Sector Organisations on PRPB

Richard is the new representative for national third sector organisations on the Powys Regional Partnership Board. Richard is the national director for Action on Hearing Loss Cymru and is an active member of Age Alliance Wales and was instrumental in establishing the need for stronger national third sector voice within the new partnership boards as part of the development of the Social Services and Well-being Act.

About Richard
"I have been with Action on Hearing Loss Cymru for about eight years and in that time we have refocussed on the things that really matter to our service users and members, widened our service base and increased our campaigning voice. We have significantly increased our partnership working across Wales in the interests of better meeting the needs of our service users.

I am based in Cardiff but with a role that covers the whole of Wales. My charity delivers services across Powys which are commissioned, spot purchased and charitably provided.

I am passionate about unlocking capacity within our communities, working with service users and volunteers to meet their needs in the most effective way. I strongly believe that the third sector has a key role to play in helping our public services to innovate and better need the public’s future needs.

I work in a very open way, welcome comments both positive and constructive challenge, and feel it is important to present information based on strong evidence and consultation.

I am originally from Bethel, a village outside of Caernarfon, and worked in the media sector as a journalist and newspaper editor before my current role. I speak Welsh as a first language and am a very big football fan, following Wrexham and the Wales national team.

Representing the national sector on the Powys Board I want to be open and accessible. As such I will ensure strong communications and engagement through Age Alliance Wales and the WCVA national sector networks and also can be directly accessible. I am discussing with PAVO some innovative ways in which we can share information and take views and am keen to work closely too with the local third sector to ensure we present a strong united voice for the whole of the third sector.

Obviously I am balancing this new role with my day-job but would welcome opportunities to come along to groups/workshops/conferences to give an opportunity to discuss services in the county and opportunities to better meet the needs of people.

I look forward to working with you"

Richard.Williams@hearingloss.org.uk


No comments:

Post a Comment